CBS IS EXCLUSIVE BROADCAST ADVERTISER IN PEOPLE MAGAZINE’S SEPT. 22 ISSUE
Featuring an Array of Unique, Continuing-Themed CBS Fall Programming Ads,
This CBS-Dominated People Issue Hits Newsstands on Sept. 12 for Maximum Impact
With People’s 43 Million Weekly Readership Leading Up to Premiere Week
NEW YORK – CBS and PEOPLE jointly announced that CBS’s fall programming ads will be featured exclusively in PEOPLE’s Sept. 22, 2008 issue with 20 ads (consecutive right hand pages, spreads and gatefolds). In a special arrangement with the magazine, CBS will be the exclusive broadcast advertiser in the issue, on stands Sept. 12th during the key period leading up to the launch of CBS’s new fall lineup.
“There’s no denying the impact of PEOPLE’s extraordinary reach and appeal,” said George Schweitzer, President, CBS Marketing Group. “CBS has long valued its relationship with PEOPLE, and we’re elated that they worked with us to pull off this first-time strategy to be the sole broadcast advertiser in this well-timed issue.”
Paul Caine, President, Time Inc. Entertainment Group, said, “We’re thrilled to be at the center of CBS’s fall TV advertising efforts – and to leverage the viewing power of our 43 million PEOPLE readers. This is an innovative format that will engage readers and build excitement for CBS’s primetime shows.”
An added special element to CBS’s People ad campaign is the array of unique and engaging ads that cleverly continue the thread of copy from one page/series to the next. Examples include:
- Always Gets Lucky… (with art of Charlie Sheen, star of “Two and a Half Men”) leading into Never Gets Lucky (with art of Kyle Bornheimer, star of “Worst Week”)
- They Bend the Rules… (art of “NCIS” cast members) leading into He Breaks Them (art Simon Baker, star of “The Mentalist”)
- Piece of Work… (Art of Julia Louis-Dreyfus, star of “The New Adventures of Old Christine”) leading into Work in Progress (art of Jay Mohr, star of “Gary Unmarried”)
- One Great Show … (Art of William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger, stars of “CSI”) leading into Leads to Another (art of Rufus Sewell, star of “Eleventh Hour”)
- Looking for Lost Souls… (art of Jennifer Love Hewitt, star of “Ghost Whisperer”) leading into Looking for Lost Soulmate (art of Elizabeth Reaser, star of “The Ex List”)
Source : CBS (thanks to Margamania for the heads up).
Thanks to Shane, you can view the Trade Ad already at Modern Day Gallery
In other Billy News, Frames Direct have an article regarding Celebrity Eyewear that briefly mentions Billy. This is also a small photo.
CSEye – William Petersen (7), one of the stars of the hit drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, wears Sama Eyewear Bora Bora.